August 16 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Via Zoom, , ,
Our knowledgeable Enrichment team can assist in identifying community resources and can be a contact point for individuals with vision loss, their families, and the community in locating available services and products such as affordable, accessible housing, transportation options, adaptive equipment, support services, and more.
Through information and referral, we offer guidance in identifying available services and products and tips on how to access such services and products. Referrals and application assistance can be made to many outside resources as appropriate.
Information and Referral Services goal is to provide access to essential information and services for those living with vision loss in our community. In addition to varied types of direct services, individuals need information on options, resources, and the issues that influence their abilities to achieve goals along the vision loss journey.
Examples of Information and Referral Services
- Answering information on vision loss
- Where low vision products can be purchased
- Connecting an individual to Library Services for the Blind
- Assist individuals in understanding and applying for accessible transportation services
- Providing information on the local community organizations for the blind
- Proving information on dog guide training programs