Position Title: Adaptive Technology Trainer Outlook Enrichment (Full Time)
Location: Omaha, NE
Division/Department: Enrichment Programs
EEO Classification: Administrative Support Workers
Position Status: Full Time
Salary Grade: $18.27 - $23.00
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt - receives overtime
Summary of Position:
The Adaptive Technology Trainer primarily works one on one with participants mentoring on a variety of adaptive technologies for the blind and visually impaired. Trainers research and learn new technology, schedule and report on client trainings, plan an outcome-focused training programs tailored for individual needs of Outlook Nebraska’s associates and members of the broader community seeking such training. Trainers also supports IT in the maintenance of adaptive technology as time permits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned).
• Trains participants and associates on a variety of adaptive technologies including JAWS, NVDA, all Microsoft Office software, advanced internet searches, smartphone and app technology
• Coordinate schedules of their trainees
• Assess training participant capacity and determine most appropriate training/education opportunities
• Provide empowering one-on-one and small group adaptive technology training.
• Suggest and implement approved enhancements and improvements of services
• Assess and document the success of services
• Log and record participation in services
• Function as a member of the Enrichment Programs teams, supporting Enrichment Program initiatives as assigned.
• Public promotion and demonstration of technology capacity.
• Support IT with maintenance of adaptive technology as time permits.
• Consultation - The ability to provide guidance to organizational stakeholders. Applies creative problem-solving to address Consumer/stakeholder challenges
• Consumer Focus - Puts the experience of the consumer first above everything else by meeting the consumers’ needs across the different stages they go through throughout the vision loss journey
• Flexibility - Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of performing tasks.
• Honesty/integrity - Displays behavior that is ethical and honest serving as a role model for others and perform actions that demonstrate their values.
• Maintain Confidentiality - Respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others.
• Teamwork - Actively participates in team. Encourages co-operation. Aware of needs of others and responds flexibly. Shares information and supports team members.
• Verbal Communication - Speaks with clarity, precision, and purpose in small and large groups.
Required Education - Experience
• Significant experience with traditional computer system operation and navigation as well as adaptive technologies utilized by the blind and visually impaired
• Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Explorer and other software applications.
• Fluency in smart phone technologies for the blind and visually impaired (iPhone preferred)
• Comfort working one-on-one with individuals in a training capacity
• Clear verbal communication skills
• High School Diploma or GED- some college or technical training preferred